“In a nutshell, software QA is getting paid to break software”. These famous words are by AJ Larson who is the quality assurance lead instructor at DevMountain.
Let’s understand the statement that he made.
Today, the ever-growing software industry has proved itself to be one of the largest industries and we are well aware of its permanence in the industrial era. A rise in technical companies often results in rising in Software Engineers.
The requirement of IT engineers is directly proportional to the growth of the respective industry. This also includes engineers that specialize in QA i.e. Quality Assurance. QA has different kinds of role to play and it entirely depends on different companies.
It is a proven fact how the need of QA has grown and hence, it would be beneficial for job seekers to be aware of the eligibility criteria in order to land up a job in this domain.
Since you are looking forward to becoming a QA Tester, it would be helpful to understand the following points:
- Do have the necessary personal and professional skills and gain some prior experience :
Any job requires you to hold necessary skills so that your abilities are of use to the company. In the case of QA Tester, you need to have the testing knowledge and strong analytical skills before you embark on sourcing for the experience.
There are various companies where you can apply in order to gain some prior experience (can do an internship in a company) which would be immensely useful for your future career plans as a QA tester. Gaining some experience at crowd testing companies can be useful.
- Or else apply in firms with no or less experience
If you are falling short of choices and there is a need to start working as soon as possible, then their firms who also take candidates with no or less experience. There are a few companies who hire fresher’s and train them until they are well equipped with the necessary job requirements to be called a skilled QA Tester.
- Use your connections in order to seek recommendation
Recommendations are always of use. In case you have any connection in the same domain, do seek help so that your chances of getting the job is high.
How to prepare yourself to become a Software QA Tester:
- Update your resume
- You would be required to update your resume in such a way that your main skills should be highlighted. Do not underestimate the value of the one or two-page resume because this could prove to be an asset in the process of getting you recruited.
- Take your time and prepare your resume in the best possible way. When I say in the best possible way, it means putting across the right information and using the right fonts to make your resume presentable.
- Before you, your resume is going to reach the company and they are going to judge you just on the basis of the two sheets that you provided them.
- Keep in mind to highlight all your important achievements and do not waste the concise space with information that is not relevant to fetch you the job.
- Get feedback on your resume before submitting
- Now that you are ready with your resume, you should always have it rechecked.
- The resume is the first step towards getting your dream job. So it is always better to be extra careful with it.
- Show the resume to a professional because there could be a chance that would have missed some important points.
- Create a list of companies where you could apply
- It is always better to have a full-fledged plan. So take out a pen and paper and make a list of companies you aim to join.
- Gather information about the companies you wish to apply for. Before reaching out to them, it is always better to know what exactly they do. In this way, you increase your chances of leaving a good impression on your interviewer.
- Companies generally like people who come well prepared and show their interest in the company because that proves that they’re genuinely interested in joining the company.
- We all know what importance does sites like ‘LinkedIn’ and ‘Indeed’ hold in getting you a job. These sites have proven to be amongst the best sites to let recruiters reach you. It is not just you who want a job, sometimes it’s the other way round too.
- There are cases when recruiters require employees on an urgent basis and in those cases sites like ‘Linkedin’ and ‘Indeed’ prove to be saviors.
- So do have an updated Linkedin profile to keep bringing job invitations at your doorstep.
- Build relationships with Recruiters
- Once you start receiving emails from recruiters, take your time to respond to them properly.
- You should have basic manners while responding to them. Use professional language.
- Respond to them to the point. You should give reasons for them to hire you. Let them know why you are the perfect candidate for the post that you are applying for.
And now, at last, but not the least…
Once you receive the interview call, prepare well for it. Don’t take anything for granted.
- Prepare well for the Interview
As soon as you get the interview call from the company, take time to prepare.
- Read about their company, go through their website and search for related articles or news article.
- Read enough to be able to answer a good number of questions related to QA.
- Prepare a questionnaire related to QA and try to answer them in the best possible way. You should not spoil things during the interview just because of nervousness. And for this reason, prepare well in advance.
- Also, do not forget about basic interview etiquettes. You should know how to present yourself in front of the interviewer and look presentable also. Wear formals and speak with confidence.
Enhance learn provides the best QA Training Course which could help you get skilled and fetch jobs in Software Testing domain. Go through the site and help yourselves get the best training available.
Our expert trainers provide complete training and ensure complete development of your skills to grow a good career; a job which will meet all your expectations. Enhance Learn is all about providing the best kind of training and that too free of cost. So, click on the link and get started.
Now you are good to go! All the best for your future endeavors.